Sunday, August 10, 2014

Fireworks R(L?) US

As a quick note before reading this post, if you are impatient or just get bored while looking at pics/reading, then please just skip down to the end to the fireworks finale video. That thing is worth checking out even if you don't look at anything else!

SO. I do believe that I'ma do this thang like this: every week I put up one post with a good ole story/commentary/just a bunch of writing, then another one for those of you who would rather just look at pictures and read a little bit of writing. Thus here we are, and I make the topic of this post a festival I went to this week. It's quite picture/vid worthy.


So fireworks in Japan are a THING. Definitely different than what I'm used to, and I'll give you a little taste of that this very hour(unless you read like sedated molasses). So I went to this festival, which I guess is just called firework festival....I'm pretty sure but anyways if it's wrong don't waste your tar and feathers just yet, cause dem pics goooood. This festival took place in the capital city of the prefecture where I'm placed, and that city is Utsunomiya.

Festival almost got iced because of the typhoon, but thanks to a favorable yet close cutting storm path, we were able to continue with only getting rained on a time or two before the fun started. That "we" is some of the JETs in the prefecture who all met up for this grand occasion. SO we trained to the city, bused to the location and here is what transpired:

Some pictures of the crowd here, not that this was indicative. There were a freaking LOT of people there. Like A LOT.

Ate a little nice food. One was long fried and had some cheese. Savory and awesome. The other with a kinda vanilla pudding in there.
Averted catastrophe by NOT eating that.
Japanese people wait in line to wash their hands after using the portapotty

Luke Macon thought that was curious
Then the fun began, check it!

And now I have some videos to play you out!

I'm pretty sure I'm "that guy" while watching fireworks

Then I noticed something that was strange for the fact that it was an outside festival and there were thousands of people:
Don't know why but anyways...


Here it is, the FINALE!!!!

ENJOY THE FINALE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment